Batteries can deteriorate over time and in fact if they are not looked after and are kept in bad environmental conditions they can fall over very quickly causing your business to incur downtime and possibly loss of data. Batteries have a design life based on optimum site conditions and an expected number of charge-discharge cycles.
As part of a preventative maintenance visit, an onsite discharge test is carried out to assess and report the performance of the battery set. However, if you do not have a service agreement, we can provide this service as part of a HealthCheck for a one off fee and subject to the Service Technicians availability.
The 5 steps to Battery Services
- Visual Check – VRLA Batteries, check for distortion caused by plate/pole growth, leakage or corrosion
- Measurements – DC float voltage measurements, string and individual cells
- Mechanical – All batteries are cleaned, the minimum torque on the connections is confirmed.
- Electrical tests – Discharge tests on the total battery bank using the site load. Voltage and current recordings are taken
- Environmental – The Constant Power Technicians will check the suitability of the local environment in terms of ambient temperature and any noticeable humidity
Upon completion of the 5 steps the service technician will leave a full report within 48 hours.
If you would like further information on any of our services or have a question for our expert Sales and Project team please get in touch